Fees and Services
For Residential Houses up to 3,500 Sq. Ft. contact us for quotes for larger buildings.
*NRCan Energy Audit - $900.00- A standardized report that estimates annual energy usage and GreenHouse Gas (GHG) emissions for a house or Multi Unit Residential Building (MURB) and suggests energy conservation measures and their impacts on energy consumption. Residential House Fees range depending on the NRCan Service Organization but generally are about $600.00 for the initial visit and $300 for the follow-up visit. These open up a $600.00 NRCan grant (following successful completion of at least one measure) for the energy audit and eligibility for up to an additional $10,000 in Grants ($5,000 from NRCan and $5,000 from the Enbridge Home Efficiency rebate program, provided the house currently uses natural gas) and a $40,000 interest free loan from NRCan. In Ottawa an additional $125,000 low interest loan is available for eligible measures.
* Path to Net Zero Planning Report - $550.00. The Path to Net Zero Planning Report takes the results from a Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) energy audit for houses and further:
- estimates the energy savings by recommended measure in dollars ($)
- estimates the costs of the recommended measures in dollars ($)
- estimates a simple payback by measure in years
- estimates the reduction in Green House Gases by measure in kG/year
- advises a preferred year to do each measure to maximize the value of existing equipment
* Fuel Transition Study (or what is the best fuel for your house or location) - $550.00. Certain houses have high levels of solar shading and lack other renewable site generation. This study provides insight into what fuels to pursue in that case.
- similar process to the Net Zero Study (initial NRCan energy audit, financial analysis, GHG analysis, insights into sustainability, health and safety)
* Infrared Survey and Report - $350.00 Areas of poor insulation or air infiltration leave traces of cold spots in a building envelop in cold weather. A survey of a building using an infrared camera in conjunction with a blower door to induce air infiltration identifies and documents these spots (note - weather dependent).
- we offer a site survey and report identifying these areas, possible remediation options and a list of contractors who are prepared to remediate these problem spots.
* Utility and Capital Cost Comparisons between four heat pump models - $250.00 Cold climate, traditional, HSPF, SEER, cut off temperature, short cycling, humidity control, efficiency. What do all these terms mean? Which are important?
- we offer a report for clients who are interested in an explanation of these concepts, and provide an analysis and summary of the initial costs and impact on the annual and lifecycle utility costs for up to 4 different heat pump models (the client supplies the make and model details).
* Blower Door Testing and Report - $350.00 House energy audits often offer blower door tests ( a test to determine how "leaky" the building is) to estimate the annual energy consumption due to air infiltration into the building.
- we offer a blower door test (installation of a fan in an otherwise sealed building that measures and quantifies annual natural and mechanical air infiltration to the building in a year) and report.
* New House Net Zero Design - $950.00 We review your construction plans, and determine the economical upgrades required to make the house Net Zero (i.e. generates as much power in the year as it uses.
Energy Efficiency Tips and Standards